How can we help?

Monitoring weather changes

There are a lot of factors that go into holding a safe and compliant event. If we have to make changes we'll let you know as far enough in advance as possible.

We monitor the weather patterns from a weather station closest to our actual venue. Sometimes the weather station will be showing different weather than a large city 1-2 hours away. For example, we've seen rain pass through the closest metropolitan area that completely skipped our venue and vice versa.


We understand that many of our attendees have coordinated travel plans around our event so we are mindful to give as much notice as possible.


Using the local weather station, we monitor the rain and wind forecasts starting 10 days prior to our scheduled event day.


If everything looks fine

We'll move forward with the event as planned and will watch for wind, rain, and weather changes daily as we get closer to the event.


If the weather absolutely won't work

Our goal is always to give as much notice as possible if we do plan on postponing an event. We'll update you about any changes or postponements through social media, email, and SMS.


If we are unsure about the weather conditions

  • 10 days before event day: Sometimes the weather is a bit more difficult to judge. In this case, we'll watch the changes in rain coverage and windspeed very closely starting 10 days before the event.
  • 4 days before event day: If we're still feeling unsure about the weather 4 days in advance (typically the Wednesday before) we'll let you know of a possible reschedule through social media, email notifications, and sms.
  • 2-3 days before event day: If the weather looks like it might pass or might get worse, then we'll typically make a final call on Thursday or Friday before the event.
  • Day-of postponements: We have OCCASIONALLY been required to postpone an event on the day of. This is not ideal, but it is a much better option than postponing the event after attendees have entered the venue. Or even worse, if the winds are too strong and the fire authorities determine that it's not safe to launch at all.
Did this answer your question?